Tree Medicine-Plants to look up to for wisdom, magic, medicine, food and folklore.
Join the Herbalists Association of Nova Scotia and stand with the trees of the Public Gardens.
They have many stories to tell.
Herb Fair Registration: Free
HANS annual membership: $25
Location: Museum of Natural History and the Halifax Public Gardens
Lunch: Bring a lunch for a picnic in the gardens. Water and herbal tea will be provided.
Sharing: Optionally, bring something for the herbal give-away blanket.
SCHEDULE (click here for workshop details)
Registration: 8:00-8:45 Museum of Natural History
Opening Circle: 9:00am Museum of Natural History
First Workshop: 9:45 – 10:45 Museum of Natural History
– Aim Higher: Convert Your Lawn Into A Forest Garden (Estelle Drisdelle)
Second Workshops: 11:00 – 12:00 Public Gardens
– Celtic Tree Oracle (Savayda Jarone)
– The Elder Mother; The Queen of Herbs – Sambucus canadensis (John Cummings)
Lunch & AGM: 12:00 – 1:30 Public Gardens
– 1:00 – 1:30 HANS Annual General Meeting (all welcome)
Third workshops: 1:45 – 2:45 Public Gardens
– Have You Hugged A Tree Lately (Billy Lewis)
– Willow and Friends (Danette Steele)
Fourth workshops: 3:00 – 4:00 Public Gardens
– Oak Medicine (Daniel Wiseman)
– Tree Whispering (Michele Graveline)
Closing Circle & Herbal Give-Away: 4:15 – 5:00