- This event has passed.
2019 HANS Herb Fair – Home Grown Herbalism
July 28, 2019 @ 8:15 am - 4:00 pm
We are pleased to announce that this year’s herbal fair will be held at the wonderful Cochrane Family Farm in Truro.
The theme for this year’s herbal fair is Home Grow Herbalism, looking to create meaningful connections between the herbal enthusiasts of Nova Scotia.
There will be 4 workshop slots throughout the day with two options of workshops to attend in each time slot.
The speakers confirmed so far are:
– Opening Circle lead by Lynn Marie Mattie
– Frank Cochrane will kick off the day with an Introduction to the farm
– Herbalist Jeanette Prior, RHP leading a workshop on Antibiotic Resistance – Herbs to the Rescue
– Herbalist Ember Peters, RHP will be in the garden among the roses leading with a workshop called Stop and Smell the Roses: The virtues of Aromatics
– Amber Dawn (Doula) will be teaching about Pre and Post Natal Herbal support (If she isn’t called away to be at a birth)
– Herbalist and Bloom teacher Benna Keoghoe, RHP leading a herbal walk
– 1st year Bloom student Austin Bennett leading a herbal exploration of the farm
– Herbal enthusiast and Student Louise Malynn – Using herbs at home
– Herbalist Gaelle McNiel, RHP – Herbal Kombucha Making – I hear her elderberry Kombucha is fabulous
– Our AGM – We are looking for new HANS board members this year, please help keep HANS going next year!
– CCHA updates from Savayda Jarone, RHP and Founder of HANS and the Bloom Institute.
There will be a silent auction running throughout the day to be announced as part of the closing circle. Please bring cash or cheque on the day. These are donated herbal products, artwork and more. All proceeds go to HANS and enabling the team to put on events throughout the year.
Registration between 8.15 and 8.45 for a 9.00am start! Cash or Cheque on the day $35 for non HANS members, $25 for HANS members. Combine with membership for 1 year $50.