HANS Annual General Meeting
& call for nominations
Sending out a bright herbal hello to all HANS members! It is that time of year again, and the Board of Directors would like to let all members know that we will be holding our Annual General Meeting (AGM) for the Herbalist Association of Nova Scotia (HANS) on Sunday July 23rd, 2017 from 1:00-1:30 pm. The meeting will be held over the lunch hour during our Annual Herb Fair which will be held at the Heartseed Farm in Middleton, NS.
Details for the Herb Fair can be found on the HANS web site at herbalns.org/the-fair and on the HANS Facebook page at www.facebook.com/groups/herbalns/events.
All members are encouraged to attend. During the meeting we will review what has been happening behind the scenes with our various committees and selecting new members to serve on the board.
At this time we would like our members to consider offering for a position on the HANS Board of Directors. It is a wonderful way to serve the greater cause of herbal medicine and to contribute to your local herbal community. Most current members will be re-offering and we hope to add 3-5 more members to our team this year. We are particularly looking for help securing grants and other sources of funding, planning future plant circles, and organizing our annual herb fair. Even just a little assistance goes a long way, so don’t underestimate the value of what just a little of your time could do for our herbal community!
If possible, members of the board:
- Have been a member of HANS for at least one year
- Agree to a commitment of 2 years on the board
- Attend a virtual monthly meeting (usually 1 hour) via Skype
- Attend 1-2 in-person meetings per year
- Attend the Annual General Meeting (held at the Herb Fair)
- Dedicate 1-2 hours per month to a HANS-related sub-committee (depending on BOD position).
Advantages of participation:
- Board members who fulfill their BOD duties will receive free attendance to the Herb Fair that follows their year of service on the board.
- There is compensation for travel expenses should there be mandatory meetings in person.
- Board members or other members who spend 10 hours or more in a year on HANS committee work over and above the commitment of time mentioned above will be given a free membership for the year following.
- Board members are directly involved in growing and educating the local herb community through suggesting, planning,promoting, and delivering plant circles, workshops, and herb fairs.
Please consider joining the HANS BOD this year, and let us know if you are interested.
Your board of directors at HANS