Become a Member
The Herbalist Association of Nova Scotia (HANS) is a community of herbalists: practitioners, growers, educators, makers, students and enthusiasts. As a member you become part of this community. Each category of membership offers benefits, but all membership categories support the important work that HANS is doing (ie. disseminating herbal knowledge, supporting the profession, advocating with government, offering opportunities to gather, etc.).
HANS has 3-types of Annual Memberships – runs from July 1 to June 30 each year.
For students, hobbyists, enthusiasts, and those wanting to support and keep connected to the Herbalist Association of Nova Scotia.
- Belong to a like-minded community.
- May stand for nomination to the board of directors after one year in good standing
- May volunteer on HANS committees
- Full voting rights at the Annual General Meeting
- Reduced rates on some HANS-sponsored events, such as the Herb Fair, herbal medicine classes and professional development seminars
- Receive information about herbal-related offerings, upcoming events and classes via email and our social media channels.
- Receive from time to time important industry updates
- Become a part of HANS affiliations: Canadian Council of Herbalist Associations and United Plant Savers
- Community to connect with on group buying (ie. Richards packaging, bulk herbs)
Already filled out the General Member sign-up form? Pay here.
For those in the business of Herbs: Small and independent growers, makers, and educators.
- All benefits of a General Membership
- Opportunity to advertise your business or services on the HANS website
- Sharing events and offerings via our communications (email/social media) and at events.
- Opportunities for further advertising as they come available. (ie. HANS Videos)
- Opportunity to offer discounts to membership.
Already filled out the Associate Member sign-up form? Pay here.
For those satisfying the clinical education requirements by HANS.
- For those satisfying the clinical education requirements by HANS. $100
- All the benefits of a General + Associate membership
- Clinical Herbalist listing on HANS website
- Right to use Registered Herbal Practitioner (RHP HANS) designation
- Certificate recognizing you as a Registered Herbal Practitioner (HANS)
- Receive information on Professional Development opportunities
Learn more about HANS professional memberships.
Already filled out the Professional Member sign-up form? Pay here.