Herbalist Association of Nova Scotia
The Herbalist Association of Nova Scotia (HANS) was formed in 2002 by a
group of herbalists and herbal students wanting to see a collective voice
and an active herbal community in Nova Scotia.
HANS has members throughout Nova Scotia and around the world.
The Herbalist Association of Nova Scotia (HANS) is a non-profit organization that promotes the knowledge, acceptance, & practice of herbalism through education, networking, & celebration of plants.
- To promote the proper use of plants as medicine
- To promote locally grown herbs and herbal products
- To promote ethical medicinal plant wild-crafting practices and the protection of endangered medicinal plants
- To network with other health groups and practitioners in NS and beyond
- To promote communication and connections among members
The Herbalist Association of Nova Scotia (HANS) acknowledges the land in which we gather as Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq. Governed by the Peace and Friendship Treaties. We extend our gratitude to the Ancestors of this Land who kept it well so that we may share in the bounty it offers.
We also extend our gratitude to present day Mi’kmaq who are continuing to fight for the protection of Land and Water. Acknowledging that without safe spaces plant medicines can not thrive.