Herbalist Association of Nova Scotia
The Herbalist Association of Nova Scotia (HANS) was formed in 2002 by a
group of herbalists and herbal students wanting to see a collective voice
and an active herbal community in Nova Scotia.
HANS has members throughout Nova Scotia and around the world.
The Herbalist Association of Nova Scotia (HANS) is a non-profit organization that promotes the knowledge, acceptance, & practice of herbalism through education, networking, & celebration of plants.
- To promote the proper use of plants as medicine
- To promote locally grown herbs and herbal products
- To promote ethical medicinal plant wild-crafting practices and the protection of endangered medicinal plants
- To network with other health groups and practitioners in NS and beyond
- To promote communication and connections among members